Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, December 27, 2008
2:09 PM


Just a few of the decorations


I love Christmas lights - I always have. If I could get away with it, Gretchen Wilson would be singing about me - they would be up on the porch all year long. These are a few of the photos of the outside lights. I still haven't mastered the camera enough to do them justice. There are lights everywhere I can put them and boxes went back into the attic as I just couldn't get them all up. The firepit has lights around it in the back as well. I guess I never grabbed a photo of those. The front door lights have white lights and then little snowflake lights. The wreath is wrapped in velvet ribbon and has sprays of cranberries wrapped in gold mesh tucked in it.



One little corner of the back. The kids enjoyed playing back here almost as much as I liked to hang out.



I'm also crazy about Christmas trees. We put up two 7', one 9', two 2', one 4' and one 1' .. I have trees everywhere - it's ridiculous!

This is Miss Priss' tree (along with all the clutter and the unmade bed).



This is the teddy bear tree. It was a gift from R.M. and my children adore it. It's covered in nothing but teddy bears. She first put it up when DS2 was born and they are amazed on how many bears it will hold.




This next one is the Victorian tree. I added the tree to the collection last year and this year R.M. surprised me by passing on all the victorian ornaments. It's absolutely gorgeous in person. All burgundy, pink and gold with white lights. It's definitely the "grown-up" tree in the house.





The is the "charlie brown" tree. R.M. let me borrow it this year for the Ladies Night In. We filled little take out boxes with goodies for them to take home and hung them on the tree. Everyone headed out the door pulled one off the tree on their way home. It was a very nice festive touch.




The next tree is the family tree. It's big and the kids love to decorate it. I put the lights on and them let them have at it. This year the boys weren't too into it but Miss Priss made sure it was beautimous! The mantel is decorated with old tree toppers in candlesticks (another gift from R.M.) with lighted garland around them. Once I light the candles on the mantel they are really spectacular.




Miss Priss taking a closer look at the Victorian tree.


Decorating the big tree.



Taking a break from all the lights.




Labels: ,



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°