Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Thursday, October 02, 2008
11:53 AM


The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out


Do worms migrate? Do they anticipate cooler weather? Does anyone really care? It was delightfully crisp on the way to the bus stop this morning. A slight chill to the air that reminds you the dreaded 100's of August are really gone. The powers that be are predicting a cool front will move through this weekend. I am all for it. Nothing to make it feel like October than the weather finally changing.

I got the kids off to school this morning and in the full spirit of recovery, took a cup of coffee outside to relax, recuperate whatever you wanna call it. My eye was caught by a wriggler moving it's way across the sandy part of the yard. Then I saw another and another. Weird to see them on top of the ground. Weird to see them at all when my fisherboy tells me "there is nothing fit to dig up for bait around here". It hasn't rained lately but after T.S. Fay they still ought to have some underground pools to play in. I realized then there were tracks all over the visible parts of the ground.

Why would these creepy crawlies migrate from all the rotting leaves, twigs and hiding places of the woods across a (for them) huge sandy terrain toward the house? Why indeed the house? Ewww! I can't figure out where they are going .. there is a wasteland of little guys that didn't make their sahara-like trek. This little guy (relative term as he's actually quite big for a wormy dude) was steady getting it a millimeter at a time.

Inquiring minds and all that ... hmmmmmmmm? Anybody got a clue?

Labels:



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°