Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Thursday, October 09, 2008
7:34 AM


Celebrate everyday!



A tearful moment for me this morning.

Buckets full of tears - both with and for my child. The angst of other children's teasing, the uphill battle with the bureaucracy of "No Child Left Behind" and the struggle to help her find the remnants of her self-esteem - the myriad battles fought for a child with a learning disability - all become minor inconveniences in moments like these. Who would have thought that in just these few weeks at home we'd begin to crack the code? Just two short weeks ago it was a battle to get dressed, fed and out the door. Now she's racing to get ready so she can work on her "big girl book" and it's a battle (mostly within myself) to get her to put the book down. She read through breakfast, she read through toothbrushing and in the dark on the way to the bus stop. Her brother hates for her to read aloud, it's slow and painful to hear sometimes to those who don't get it. Oh but for those of us who do, she outshines the angels in heavenly chorus.

The only downside to all of this .... as we are leaving to walk to the bus stop I ask her to put the book down so she doesn't stumble in the dark ... "Momma, you are treating me like a child - now that I'm into chapter books I am a big girl."

Laughing through the tears of joy this morning!


Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

Ok so now I am a big mush too cause I got the big lump in the throat. Although I have never meet your kids in person I truly feel like I know them and moments like this are precious to all who know you and your family. WAY TO LAUREN.

(((((HUGS)))))))

By Blogger Alikat, at Sunday, October 12, 2008  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°