Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Monday, September 01, 2008
10:48 AM


Tropical Storm Fay


Tropical Storm Fay brought LOTS of water to my part of the world. I think we ended up with over 22" and lots of flooding. My neighborhood was isolated when the roads were closed due to flooding. We were blessed that it was only for 24 hours and we only lost power for about 16 hours in the entire 72 hour stretch. I am lucky to be in the highest part of the "hood" and was able to sit on the front porch and watch the kids down the street innertube in their front yards. The worst part was finding out that the Highway Patrol wouldn't let anyone wade in or out to access our little piece of heaven as they watched for the gator they spotted swimming in the street. I just want to know where he is when he isn't in the road behind my house!! I've already spotted a GINORMOUS rattlesnake and some cotton mouths out back. I think I'd probably freak if I actually spotted a gator. Over a week later, we still have roads closed to flooding and people that will be displaced for awhile. Although I had a couple of BIG limbs come crashing down they didn't cause too much inconvenience and being that they were oak will add fuel to the fire this winter. No damage to either the fence, house or fire pitt so in the scheme of things it's all good.







All this rain sure brings out some deep rich color ..... too bad it brings the "gallon-nippers" with it!




Hurricane season is still hot and heavy ... be safe out there!



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°