Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Thursday, August 14, 2008
8:54 AM


Rainy Days and Wednesdays


The summer is winding down, there are no summer camps so I'm enjoying (hmmm?) the week off with my kids doing the last minute stuff ... three orientations, back to school clothes (how did they all grown so much this summer - I fed them plenty of junk food to stunt their growth!), and school supply lists that challenge the local Walmart inventory and should turn the economy around singlehandedly.

Whatever happened to showing up with a folder and some pencils? Between the 25 folders (keep in mind 3 kids), the zip drives, multiple notebooks, assorted colors of ink pencils, dry erase markers, and so on and so one I wonder what is left to stock the room. Don't get me wrong, I support our teachers wholeheartedly and know their budgets are tough, but why am I supplying the county with paper towels, kleenex and hand sanitizer? Surely with all the budget cuts they can still buy basic supplies?

Yesterday was our almost nothing to do day .. one ortho appt and one baseball game that was rained out. Key word being rain - all day, nonstop. I love my kids and cherish the moments we have no agendas or commitments and can hang out... but Lord help us after being cooped up with three very busy kids all day, we all had a little too much closeness.

I sent them to their rooms for some downtime (it was that or start making martini's at 3:00 pm) and tried to do something creative.
This is the result. In the meantime, two of the kiddos put holes through their walls so they could communicate and pass notes back in forth. At least they were creative ... one hole is in the closet and in the other a t-shirt the same color of the wall is shoved into the hole to camoflauge it!

Only 4 days until school starts !!!!!!


Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°