Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Monday, January 28, 2008
9:52 PM


Has it been a year already??


Wow, another year has come and gone. I spent this past weekend celebrating my entry into this crazy universe. I made no plans, expected nothing other than my normal weekend stuff and as usual enjoyed the chaos that is my life. The kids were scheduled to be at their Dad's and I had my standing once a month beauty ritual. I meet my friend B. who wears herself out attempting to make me gorgeous! During this time we provide each other with some gripe therapy, gossip and a drinking companion. I have to say that she is awesome and whether it's the great time or the "do" I always leave in much better spirits (I meant mood but that too!)and looking glamorous. Usually if we don't dally too long we head out for a quiet dinner and head home. Saturday is after all a busy day of soccer mom and B. has to get back to work. This weekend we opted for a pub not too far from me that turns out was on it's last night in business. It was full of all sorts of surprises.

You know you are in for it when you take a side trip to the ladies room and while in the stall hear a man's voice. My first thought, "Oh NO I didn't..." ... nope .. I didn't. After heading out to face whatever I have now gotten myself into, I walk eyes first into the intricate lacing of a bustier that was squeezed tightly around an individual who was 6'6" in heels if not more. Yep, "she" was in full regalia - heels, bustier, make-up, wig, leather micro mini - the works! Now the party has started! The crowd was great .. eclectic, college students, rednecks, country boys, swingers and the karaoke divas (of both sexes). For a short time I was bummed .. how come I never knew this place was just a few short miles or 10 down the road? And now it's gone. Reminiscent of a song I think someone belted out rather off key come to think of it.

So needless to say our short sojourn for dinner ended up lasting into the wee hours of the morning. One of those times that sneaks up on you and you've been out all night before you realize it .. (yes Mom it does still happen - only now it takes 8 months to recover!). Thankfully we were too busy checking out the diverse crowd and debating all comers on whatever ridiculous pickup line they offered to imbibe excessive quantities. I think the way the bartender was pouring them it would have been lethal. She clearly wasn't planning on sticking around to do inventory or saddle anyone else with the job.

So homeward bound I head .. ready to snag a shower, get rid of the smoke smell and hit the sack. So I throw off the clothes, crank up the shower and figure I'll batten down the hatches for a few hours sleep (I do have to play soccer mom in a few short hours!). Wrapped in my new pink fuzzy robe that is absolutely sinful (thanks RM)I made my rounds. Oh S&^T! The kids left their doors open and yes the hamsters have jimmied the door to their cage once again. Now you can't reach my age and have three kids without some naked crawling around on the floor but never after a few drinks have I come home to crawl around dragging my robe behind me searching for rodents desperately in need of rescue from the "B" kitty. Crawling around moving furniture while looking for long-haired rats is not a sport for semi-buzzed naked people. Especially with the cat lying comfortably outside the cage growling but no sense of urgency on her part. I did find one poor baby still alive .. not so lucky for Fluffy. So, now that I've crawled around all over the house in search of said hammy sandwich until the hot water tank drained (yeah that bit), I've got to try and treat poor Squeekers. Ever tried to close one eye and apply antibiotic ointment and other nonsense to a hamster in shock suffering from her near death experience? As far as buzz kills go, I don't recommend it!

Luckily both Squeekers and I made it through the rest of the morning. God is good and dumped enough rain on us that neither of us had to venture forth so no soccer mom duties and no telling the heartbreak kid that Fluffy is MIA. Unfortunately she did turn up in rigor on Sunday .. darn that cat!

Sunday was the big day. Woohoo .. forty-freaking-one! I know people can get stressed about their age and all that, but I'm glad for each and every day. Laugh lines .. earned 'em and hoping to have some more! Someone else can get in line for the frowners . they can have mine too. Coincidentally there was a great article in More Magazine this month about birthdays and attitude that was right on point. I spent the day being feted by my favorite cuz and family. Lunch, pressies and the kids waiting on me when I got back. They hung streamers all over the yard and in the house. If my gallivanting around naked calling Squeekers and Fluffy didn't alert the neighbors that something was up, I'm sure the birthday streamers clued them in! My sweet girl baked me a cake, then bawled her eyes out when the dog got it before we could blow out the candles. We stuck the candles back in, blew them out, yelled at the dog (yes, the same dog that had emergency surgery earlier this month for swallowing a golf ball and blocking off his small intestine - MORON .... but I digress) and then we recycled the candles for Fluffy's memorial service.


So we celebrated a birth, mourned a death, did a little partying and had just another day in Gina's World!









And I wondered how I was going to top the 40th in the Bahamas! Life is an adventure no matter where you are - embrace it baby!


Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°