Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Tuesday, January 29, 2008
5:39 PM


FGM Round Robin Block



Sometimes you just aren't supposed to work on a project. This one has given me fits today. I appliqued a fussy cut "snowflake" pattern from a batik. Due to the way I cut it and the lazy way I fused it down, it moved .. a lot. I had a lot of give in the fabric and really had a challenge getting it to square up. I had to cut it down and then add borders which due to either the length of time it's been since I've done any real sewing or the upper respiratory mess I'm fighting or both I managed to screw up the borders ... repeatedly. Not a good thing to do when you are using a remnant of fabric to squeek out the borders to begin with.


The block is supposed to be 16 1/2 square. This one is more like 16 1/2 x 16 1/4. Usually I hate to see a piece go out. This one I'm not going to miss so much. It's going out for a FGM round robin and will go to four other people who will each add a border of their choosing. When it comes back it will be ready to make into a quilt. I'll be receiving each of the other's quilts to work on and look forward to seeing their work.

Labels: ,



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°