Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Thursday, January 03, 2008
4:48 PM


Christmas




Traditionally our Christmas celebrations are filled with lots of laughter, lights, pretty packages and love. This year was no different. Christmas Eve the kids spent time with their Dad, Uncle and Grams and Grandaddy. While they were hanging out Riviera Mom and I prepped for the next couple of days. Baking, wrapping, cleaning and laughing were the order of the day. You know you have wrapped entirely too many presents when you get confused and create an amazingly beautiful package only to realize you had just wrapped something for the cat! Uncle Gus and Rufus made it over Christmas Eve to join R.M. and I along with the kids, my neighbor and her kids for a last minute improptu celebration. The kids were all wound up and it didn't help when the cat next door trapped herself up in a tree. I finally convinced them that when Santa came by he would get her down if she hadn't figured it out for herself. Fortunately I was able to thump DS1 in the head before he could chime in! After sprinkling our reindeer food, leaving out cookies and milk and telling all the Night Before stories we could, everyone finally made it off to bed. The boys woke up bright and early and the next day was glorious chaos. Brightly colored ribbons, remnants of pretty paper and one exclamation after another peppered the day. The kids were like wild things on a feeding frenzy and it is amazing that people opened the gifts meant for them. We had company throughout the day and managed to have breakfast with some family members and dinner with others. The neighborhood kids were in and out and the day was full of fun and excitement. Having four generations together is always special. I only hope that next year we can all be together again.



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°