Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, December 29, 2007
4:38 PM


Bunco Babes Beach Weekend


The weekend after Halloween I took off for a beach weekend with the girls. Oh the fun in the sun! I won't post any photos of the silliness since I didn't get the "go ahead" while I was there so you'll get the tame shots!


When you get us all out of our normal routines and set us loose on the island with a limitless supply of alcohol, tons of great food, karaoke, dice, tunes, an overheated hot tub and a pool all bets are off. These ladies have been getting together for several years and I've been fortunate enough to have been included in the last two. It's a wonderful time and such fun it's even commemorated with it's own t-shirt.


Not only did we romp on the island it was also the Seafood Festival weekend so there was plenty to do. The monarch's were still migrating and if you sat still by the pool long enough would actually land on you. The general consensus was that they liked the toes and fingers with the brightest pink nail polish. It's a breathtaking moment to have a butterfly light on the tips of your fingers. You can't even call attention to it's rest without fear you will cause it to take flight. I actually held them on my fingertips twice and the tips of my toes once. Sitting beachside, listening to the sounds of laughter and the ocean, sipping a cool beverage while butterflies dance around you is truly a memory of a lifetime!


Here are a few of over 200 shots taken that weekend. I am not posting the girl's gone wild photos for a myriad of reasons ... most of us have computer savvy kids and who needs to give them any ammo!

Decisions, decisions!!!


Sights from the shore - man do I love the beach!






Views from one of the many decks .. three stories and comfortably sleeps 12 .. heaven!



The last day's sunrise experience. I love to be on the beach when the sun comes up .. the pelicans were having breakfast and the sun was sparking off the water. It was calm, quiet and glorious.




Sure hope I get to go again next year!



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°