Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, October 20, 2007
9:18 AM


Gina's World in a nutshell


I haven't posted a good Gina's kid story in sometime and really don't have the creative genius to put a spin on what I am dealing with this morning so I'll just layout the facts and share details for anyone who needs particulars later.....In the last 24 hours I have experienced.....

1. "fuzzy" mouse - one that is so small it's eyes aren't open in a box in the microwave because the cat keeps finding it anywhere else I hide it. Mom is paranoid that someone is going to turn the microwave on although since it's just the two of us humans here and I don't think the cat is quite that smart it should be fine.

2. a frostbitten snake with hemorrhoids and diarrhea that I am trying to nurse back to health. Amazing isn't it that frostbite occurs in Florida? And I had two cases of it at my house this week! This is what happens when a 12 yr old decides to feed the snake all on his own....

"hey mom, I got home from school safely and I fed the snake" ... first thought - oh yea I don't have to do it .. second thought "awesome, you defrosted it and everything, huh?"... his response - "de-what?" ..

... what kind of snake (other than a starving one) eats a frozen mouse anyway??? So on Thursday when we saw this disgusting revolting mummified mouse in the cage I assumed it had eventually regurgitated it. That was until yesterday when he developed a case of ugly upset tummy and exposed how the mouse actually returned to the cage. Poor thing ... I was having sympathy pains, flashbacks to my last labor & delivery and a BIG GLASS OF WINE

(the other case of frostbite involved a 12 yr old with a paintball gun and a sense of urgency that overrode all rules of the household including the one that reads something like "only Mom handles the co2 tank" .. fortunately the burn wasn't severe enough to permanently injure him but bad enough to get his attention and tattoo the above rule into his brain.)

3. two hamsters that have either miraculously figured out how tobreak out of jail or a 10 yr old that has the mental acuity of Einstein and the common sense of a rock. Three days in the last week we've almost missed the bus searching for Squeeky and what's her name. Amazingly since the kids went to their dad's for the weekend they've stayed right in their little home. Of course after DS2, DS1 and a neighbor boy built them obstacle courses for the cat to chase them through yesterday, perhaps they are at last finding peace in their prison! Mom was watching them yesterday (the kids, clearly not the hamsters) .. yep, watching them carry the sweet cat down the hall to play with it. She's just too enthralled in their greatness(bawahhahah - I think she gave up) to remember the cat bait in the back half of the house.

4. and speaking of the cat, we went to the vet yesterday and I was advised that 11 pounds is just too heavy for Miss Georgia. So now I have a cat on a diet with hamsters on lockdown, a mouse hiding in themicrowave, and a snake that can longer hold it's own. How ironic is that?

So now I guess I need to post some positives ..... We finally got some much needed rain - only not so much needed at one time! So,after yesterday with 4 kids (can't figure how I always come up at least one extra), 150 pounds of wet dogs, a cat, a mouse, two hamsters, a debilitated snake and a kid who burned his fingers with C02 I can only think of one - at least if the rain hadn't stopped I had a move to the front of the line pass for the ark ... there's a couple of everything around here!

So for today ... I am going to go put on some face paint, ice down some beer and drag Mom off to the Florida State vs. Miami game and just leave Zooworld to it's own keeping.

Hopefully I won't be explaining the demise of any of the critters tomorrow afternoon.


Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°