Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Wednesday, October 10, 2007
8:24 AM


Alikat Challenge - Day 3


Day three is my current project. I am trying to machine quilt this mystery quilt that was the result of a class for the Gulf Coast Expo a couple of years ago. I get it out, work on it a little and then put it back. I'd love to finish it as part of the FGM UFO challenge so whenever I can sit down at the machine for a few I put a row of stitches in it. It's the largest project I've tried to quilt myself and with all the straight lines, it's time consuming. I'm much more of a free motion quilter than one who follows the straight and narrow. Go figure!!!




This is the backside. I'm using plain muslin which seems to get softer everytime I handle it and the variegated thread really looks nice on the muslin. It's hard to discern with all the purple basting stitches but once they are removed it should be fairly decent if I do say so myself!


Labels:



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°