Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Wednesday, September 26, 2007
2:40 PM


Interesting school projects


Moving into middle school has brought a plethora of homework previously unexperienced by my oldest. He's finding his flirtatious ways are not getting him nearly as far in a school with over 1000 students. This latest project was a book report sandwich. Although I am assuming that it was to give some symbolism to help student's dissect a book, I'm still not so sure what he learned from the ordeal I mean experience. Nothing like taking a child on his birthday weekend after a sleepover of 8 and enforcing the homework rule!

Here are a few photos of the project in the works and the completed meal.



He cut tomatoes out of burlap




The lettuce was a great dyed lace ribbon that he glued down in circles on tulle ... and yes, he had help with the ideas but had to do all the labor himself.



The cheese was nylon fabric heated onto a stablizer (over heat recommendations to make it wrinkle), the onions are doilies and the pickles are green felt run through a paper crimper.



The layers as they come together with the report glued down.



The finished meal.

He did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. I feel bad for the kids that don't have a mother who collects crap for no other reason than because one day she just might need it (case in point, you doubters!) and doesn't exactly think on the normal pathways. My poor kid, for once he gets to be grateful for the Mom who isn't quite like everyone else!



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°