Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, July 28, 2007
10:31 AM


Here's what I'm doing today











Kid's are gone, it's overcast, humid and not so comfy outside so I'm doing what I rarely have time to do .... create! Here's what I am in the midst of. I bought this fabric over a year ago because I loved the embroidery and the colors in the batiks. The batiks are all hand-dyes and were already put together with topstitched patchwork. It really emphasizes the embroidery on the other blocks. It's very delicate looking so I plan to do my first handtied quilt. Hopefully I can post updates through the day to challenge myself to finish it. Pretty fabric though, isn't it?


**************** update *************************

It's early Saturday afternoon and I've managed to piece the top .. 80 squares and this is going to be a nice size to snuggle under. I'm off to piece the back and put together my layers. I'm diggin the way it looks so far!




************************************** update************************************
I had to stop and focus on a few other things .. bathroom fixtures had to go up, laundry and all that jazz ... someone got a nap in, I just wish it were me. But the back is done, the quilt sandwich is made and if I can just find the hand died silk ribbon I plan to tie it with we're in business. I forsee a glass of wine and some relaxing handwork if I can find the dratted ribbon. I think it was used for playtime thus resulting in the need for the nap below!

Labels:



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°