Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, June 02, 2007
11:07 AM


Photo Hunt - ART





This weeks PhotoHunt topic is Art. I used to think that I was crafty and would never deign to claim to be an artist. But I have learned through the eyes of my children, that what defines an artist is subject to individual interpretation.



According to Wikipedia art - is that which is made with the intention of stimulating the human senses as well as the human mind and/or spirit. There is no general agreed-upon definition of art, since defining the boundaries of "art" is subjective, but the impetus for art is often called human creativity.



Creative I am. As the mother of three rapscallions, I have no choice. They have opened my eyes to new ways of thinking and seeing. Picking up a camera and really falling in love with it a couple of years ago has totally changed the way I view things. Art comes in many shapes and forms. While I may never view myself as more than someone who really enjoys her hobbies, in the eyes of my kids .. it's still art.





So here's this weeks post ..... a flower photo I took last week that struck my interest



and my resulting "art" work.





For more great art be sure to check out this weeks
Photo Hunt .




Your thoughts?

13 comments

13 Comments:

Awesome shot!!
I too am the same way, I am surrounded by people that are very tallented artists and I never thought of myself that way. Now I'm seeing that my unique perspective on what I see is art and to follow my instincts with things!
Thanks for sharing!!

By Blogger Dirkey, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

Beautiful, a flower kaleidoscope! It's really true that a camera brings a new focus to life.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

that is a beautiful flower!! truly art in the purest form.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

great photos! you've got some real talent! and thanks for the comment you left on my blog!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

great job, those are beautiful

By Blogger Unknown, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

very organic shapes. very nice.

By Blogger tapps, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

Love it,love it, love it.
Love flowers and kaleidoscopes- so here we have the best of both worlds.
Great shot.
Thanks for visiting

By Blogger GEWELS, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

How wonderful! Gorgeous colors and design!

Thanks for the visit!

Tara

By Blogger Tara, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

That is a very unique and beautiful flower. Great job with the art work as well.

Thanks for stopping by my place :)

By Blogger Tracy S, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

Freaky but lovely :)

Mine's up ... c'mon on by :)

By Blogger Teena in Toronto, at Saturday, June 02, 2007  

Beautiful flower, very cool art. :)

By Blogger Crystal, at Sunday, June 03, 2007  

Great job! That's really beautiful.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, June 03, 2007  

Great blog!!! I will be back for more!

-0-0-

By Blogger Mike Minzes, at Sunday, June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°