Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Tuesday, June 26, 2007
10:01 PM


Summer Days


Haven't had much time to post and most of what enters my head lately isn't fit to share ... it's hot, people are grumpy, expectations are high and frankly life it just too short to put up with buzz kill nasty people. What has happened to the lazy days of summer? I see us all rushing out the door so I can get the kids to camp and run myself ragged at work before coming home and tackling the extra curricular activities. Only two of the three are involved in an activity at the moment which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't at the same darn time - twice a week. Multi-tasking I've mastered, replicating myself not so much.

Allstars could be a lot of fun. I'm enjoying it so far - watching the boys come together as a group, honing their skills and playing ball. Practice is intense .. almost everyday .. it's a commitment. A big one. There are 13 kids on the team .. three of the Dads coach .. two others help. There are two sets of parents I see consistently .. that leaves 5 sets of parents that drop off and come back later. Not watching, not really caring and not contributing anything but criticism when they show up to watch them scrimmage. That gripes me. If you have something to contribute .. do so - something other than sniping remarks or complaints. There was an adult at the park last night who wanted to address the coaches about the quality of their work. The remark he made to the three of us watching (after an hour in the rain) was fairly scathing. The amazing thing about this guy is that he's an Uncle dropping by to visit ... he doesn't even have a dog in the fight .. just a nephew who missed the entire first week of practice. My comment to these people is "what reason did they give you for rejecting your volunteer application? Clearly someone with your commitment and knowledge should be out there giving up hours of time you can never get back for no pay, little rewards and abuse from people who've not bothered to spend two full hours observing you much less getting to know you." It's no wonder volunteers and mentors that are so desperately needed are incredibly difficult to find. Who wants to put up with that *&%^? Maybe we need an application to screen the parents/guardians as much or more than the volunteers?

Seeing the gist of where this rant could go .. now you know the reason I've been rather silent. I'm searching for the quality moments of summer ... the ear splitting grin from a kid hitting a homerun ... Mom, I learned a back flip off the diving board today ....Mommy, I lost a tooth (I think we're up to three so far since school let out) .... the faces stained pink from watermelon .. homemade ice cream, slip-n-slides, barefoot in the grass and picking blackberries. Hope you are finding your own quality moments, be sure to make the most of them!




Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°