Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Monday, June 04, 2007
8:54 PM


ABC's of weather


It's that time of year again. The second day of the official Hurricane Season and we were on letter "B." Yippee! I am so thankful for the gentle rain that Barry brought through our area. It cleared out the smoke from the fires and certainly improved the quality of the air. The parched ground and brittle grass are a little less frightening today. My flowers aren't gasping for water and my grass actually looks less brown. I wish we could have had more of that slow, steady nap encouraging rain to lift the water restrictions .... but a "B" on day two - that's worrisome. We've got a lot of time to go and a lot of letters left. For some people Hurricanes are exciting, an adventure, a drink or an excuse to lock in and party ... to those who've experienced first hand or through a loved one what it is like to lose it all it's a nightmare of unspeakable proportions. I have seen it from both sides .... from personal experience when my parent's home filled with 18" of water and was subsequently gutted .. to my work life ... when everyone else is prepping their families to batten down the hatches and plan evacuation routes ... I'm on standby. Performing my own preparations and for childcare .. who will take care of my kiddos while I am trying to take care of other's loss. So my fingers are crossed, my prayers are being said and hopefully it'll take us a long time to get to "c".


Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

you have more friends than you might think. i know you would have all the help you needed. help from friend's even in the junkyard
and yes day 3 now hope the letter c
is not in our day today

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°