Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Thursday, May 17, 2007
4:43 PM


Weekend waves


I love the beach and it's a passion that fortunately my kids share. Somedays not so much aka Spring Break's sand in my pants saga, but most times a lot. This past weekend I was able to spend some one on one time with my DS1. It's something we rarely get to do and I enjoyed it immensely. He taught himself how to skimboard. By the second day, he was over going along the shore, he was into skimming straight into the waves to try and jump the surf. He has the natural balance and agility of a cat (good thing considering the situations he gets himself into!) and it was fun watching him figure it out. The same qualities that make me crazy - tenacious, hardheaded, stubborn, focused and driven are the same ones that allow him to succeed at whatever he sets his mind to. He was determined to master the board and in two short days he accomplished far more than most. I can't wait to watch his little friends faces and attempts Memorial Day weekend when he tackles the shore. Last year the dynamics of our get together changed and the girls followed him around while he ignored them. Somehow I bet this won't be the case this year. We are entering the world of middle school ... cell phones, text messages and my spaces are all becoming part of my life. My sweet little boy is becoming quite the heartbreaker .. for now, it's the girls calling that he couldn't care less about .... but I'm sure it won't be long before it's my heart that's breaking!



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°