Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Monday, May 07, 2007
8:15 AM


Teacher Appreciation Week


Well, this week is already off with a bang. It's teacher appreciation week. A week filled with little activities each day to let your child's teacher know how much they are appreciated. They are .... they really are. I love my children more than life itself, but if it was left to me to have the patience to educate them, we'd be in BIG trouble. I have a lot of respect for those teachers willing to dedicate their lives to making a difference. Now I can remember a few teachers growing up that should have been put out to pasture a long time ago. Those teachers that didn't foster encouragement or self-confidence but were dedicated to make sure "the little darlings got a taste of real-life" which is a quote that I still remember from an 8th grade math teacher. Yeah, she made a difference alright ... I went from excelling at math in honors classes to squeeking by in basic math throughout the remainder of my school career. What a mentor she was! Fortunately things have come a long way since those days and I can only think of one teacher in the last six years of my children's education that I didn't respect in a big way. So today is bring your teacher a flower day. Not a big deal for my daughter, she'd bring them everyday. The boys - not their thing. DS2 was okay with taking them as all the other kids were. DS1 - no way. Even if he was falling over thrilled to death with his teacher (which he's not) he's not stepping up to the bus with a posey in hand. Not a big deal and not an issue I'm forcing. We wake up a little late (okay way late - I must have beaten the alarm clock to death this morning) and are frantically prepping to get out the door. I rush out to the rose bushes to snip a few flowers and halt - WHOA - where are they? All but a few bushes decimated and nude. PRINCESS!!!! Back to the house I trudge with a few little tokens of appreciation .. nothing like I assumed they'd be handing over. Sure enough - DD has gotten out of hand yet again. She "tried on" my contacts and swears they are in her eyes (yeah, right)- great thing to find out when you're late on a Monday and then proceeded out to the rose bushes with her Easter basket. She filled it full of rose petals and played bridesmaid yesterday afternoon. I swear I was right there ... washing the car and painting the basketball goal ... how did I miss this? I thought her room smelled good but didn't have the good sense to explore it further. Hey, if it's not dead smelling, right? ... So needless to say, appreciation was a little under rated this morning. Guess I'll have to make it up to them on chocolate day ... now - where on earth will I hide that?


Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°