Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, May 26, 2007
7:41 AM


Photo Hunt - Colorful





This week's theme is colorful. I love color - deep rich reds, vibrant oranges, the cool tones of purple and green. I often find myself stopping to stare at nature's beauty simply because I'm struck by how many different colors there are in nature's palette. I gravitate towards jewel tones and those combinations that "pop". I guess I am an opposite's attract kinda girl as the colors I tend to put together are those directly across from each other on the color wheel. My blog speaks for itself as to my thoughts on color ... I wrap myself up in it constantly.
This is a photo that I took last year. I resurrected it because I love the rich texture and contrast. This is a hibiscus growing on my patio. It's blooms radiate from red to a vivid fuschia.
For more great color photos, be sure to check out this weeks Photo Hunt .




Your thoughts?

15 comments

15 Comments:

Gorgeous!
You are right, that is rich color indeed.
Beautifully done.

By Blogger Jenn in Holland, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

nice! it is so colorful and great shots! i love the mystic colorful style of ur blog!

By Blogger jennyr, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Simply amazing these pics!! Good job!.

P&P
By the way, love the design of your blog!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

these are awesome...!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Count me in among those who love the colorful style of your blog! Great shots for this week's hunt!

By Blogger MsCarolM, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

great pic.

personal comment:
wow..what an awesome blog! I enjoy visiting yr blog. I hope to c u n read yr blog often on my photohunter rounds :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Great photos:)

By Blogger on the Rock, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Fabulous colours, so rich and velvety.

By Blogger Liz Hinds, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

You're right, those are some great colors!

I love the colors on your blog, too, especially the purple on black.

By Blogger Linda, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

gorgeous pictures!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

such vibrant colors!!
happy weekend! :)

By Blogger maiylah, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

the last photo is my fave but they are all great - =)

By Blogger -tnchick-, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Wow these are great. So beautiful. Love that first one - so warm. Great picks for The Hunt.

By Blogger PastormacsAnn, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Gorgeous photos! Such wonderful rich, vibrant colours. :) Beautiful!

By Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Wonderful!! You have a great eye.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, May 27, 2007  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°