Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Tuesday, May 15, 2007
9:14 PM


Mother's Day


A little late but hey, my life is never in synch anyway! Mother's Day ... what is so special about A day? Is it the day we get to sit on our butt and do nothing while those we deigned to give life to worship the ground we walk on? Not hardly .. they still wear clothes right (or so we hope), they still have tummies that rumble and they sure as heck have to argue regardless of who the world is currently revolving around - ME! Don't get me wrong - I had a great Mother's Day weekend, my kids are the best. My daughter created a beautiful piece of artwork that will hold a place of honor in my kitchen. It's a portrait of me doing what I love on a ceramic tile. It is amazingly well done and to be cherished. My DS2 created a poem especially for me ... my favorite part is the last ... "My mom is smart! She even knows how to see through me." Pretty intuitive for a kid who's yet to see double digits in age. DS1 created a book (albeit under duress and teacher instruction) that is a good 15 pages long of his thoughts, kudos and poems to me and my amazing abilities (I did say under duress). It's a hard back and the best $5.00 I ever spent for class supplies. I adore them all. These treasures will be put away somewhere safe and on the days I'm ready to kill them, I'll pull them out and refrain. But these aren't the things that make my Mother's Day. Perhaps because I've never been able to stay home with them and share every waking moment, EVERYDAY has Mother's Day moments. Even the bad days when I'm ripping my hair out by the handful and grinding my teeth down in prep for dentures .. they can make me laugh until I cry. The rose bushes may be tortured and naked but my daughter brings me flowers on a regular basis - just sometimes not intact, or in a vase. The boys say things to me that would curl most people's hair at the impropriety but nothing is sacred and they share - lots. Stories that people wish they knew about their own children - stories I hope they never hear about my own! They hug me because they want to - not because I make them. They ask me my opinion - because to them it still matters. My close but not quite teenager still tells me the "l" word without prompting. We have our moments when it's a toss up over who to sacrifice at the altar of insanity but we always pull through - together. I am addressed as "Queen of the Universe, Oh Greatest Mother of all time" on a regular basis - I kid you not .... whenever they want something really important to them this is the official address ... and I have the notes to prove it - silly things, haven't learned not to ever put it in writing! Sometimes I even wear the tiara to prove it (when DD lets me have it!) So, while I appreciate the thought of a special day to recognize Mothers everywhere ... it really isn't that big of a deal to me ... I have Mommy days everyday.

I guess the significance of Mother's Day is how much I truly appreciate my own Mom. I am so fortunate to call my Mother my best friend. I'm truly blessed to be able to share my thoughts, worries and concerns with someone who's raised a trouble making pain in the A%& and managed not to kill her - although the official Mom curse of I hope you have one just like you somehow happened in triplicate. Perhaps it's guilt that keeps her on my side? Regardless, for me Mother's Day is a day for my Mom to formally know that she is appreciated, loved and thought of. Love you Mom!


Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

Beautiful sentiments, these pages will be in your memory book forever. Thank you for being my best friend and for the support you give me.

By Blogger Riviera Mom, at Wednesday, May 16, 2007  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°