Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Monday, May 21, 2007
6:03 PM


Countdown to summer begins


Today was the first of several days of activities designed for the BMOC ... those 5th graders who have safely ruled their world for the last year. The same kids that three months from now won't know what hit them when they start middle school. I am sure it's safe to say that after this summer, my child's world (and mine) will never be the same. One last season of childhood before the reality of puberty kicks in hard.

Today was DARE graduation. Truly a great program and the kids really learned a lot.


I was impressed today as were so many of the people around me. The kids did a great job with their essays and performance. I was just thrilled my child wore the obligatory jeans without a fight ....the same kid that won't wear long pants when it's below freezing outside! It's a far cry from the pre-k graduation when he wouldn't come out of hiding to even "gradjeate". Today was front row, participating all the way.

This afternoon was decorating for tomorrow's big party. I'm rather glad that I have to work and will miss all the karaoke festivities! We've planned a big time for them to celebrate their last few days. Wednesday is the actual ceremony and Thursday their last walk down the halls of RES. A big moment for them and a teary one for me!



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°