Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, February 03, 2007
7:46 AM


Yesterday's WIP


Although I'm looking for the blues in my life, I just couldn't get motivated to stitch with them yesterday. I wanted to get this wallhanging done so it could actually hang before Valentine's Day, which is what - 2 weeks from now? It was overcast, dreary and the last day of my vaca, so what's a girl to do? Pop in a movie (Akeelah and the Bee which I really enjoyed), pull out the fabric and go to town. This pattern actually lives up to its name, although I still managed to screw it up and made some post piecing adaptations of my own. It's in the beginning stages of quilting and a little wrinkled from being hidden from the cat overnight, but here it is. Hopefully between this mornings soccer games, regular Saturday running around and kiddos everywhere I'll get the quilting finished and the binding on. I'm sure I can manage to stitch the binding and watch the Superbowl.


Although, the Noles have game two of their series against Tennessee today and weather permitting I have a couple of fanatics in my house that really want to go to the game. We'll see, last nights Skate night has left the eldest wiped out and my imagination on the rampage. Girlfriends, fistfights, ejections - all witnessed, not participated in but regaled in full detail when he got home - late! Life is getting ready to explode into a whole new frontier. I'm not sure I'm ready to relive my past just yet! He's a great kid and talks to me about anything/everything. But like any mom with her first one - I just am not ready for him to grow up. I was just looking at how he spent yesterday afternoon. It was a sweet "tired baby" moment spent watching over him for me and now I realize it was only a "power nap" moment (somewhat reminescent of my college days) for him!

Labels: ,



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°