Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, January 13, 2007
8:41 AM


WIP = work in progress


WIP - wow don't I have a ton of those. I recently signed up for an ongoing self-challenge courtesy of the FGMs to see if I can clear out some UFO's (that's unfinished objects to those not familiar with craftese). Shameful .. I couldn't believe what's crammed in these cabinets and stacked in boxes and thrown ...... well, we won't go there! Needless to say, my ADD factor has certainly allowed me to jump into this challenge with both feet. The goal is to complete as many of these projects as I can in the upcoming year while still participating in other things. This ought to be interesting. Of course, if I don't complete these projects by the end of the year, perhaps I need to find them a new home. Waaahhh (to quote my kids) I guess I'd better get busy, I don't want to part with my toys!

...............

This is a copy of my latest WIP ... it's not part of the UFO challenge but a monthly swap that is due out today. The theme for the month is dragonflies. They'll be winging their way out this afternoon to friends in various parts of the World. I was inspired by a photo that I took last summer of the real deal. I couldn't find a background I liked so this is my first attempt at creating one with my fabric markers. (one of the many purchases I had "misplaced" until I started digging through my UFO's to list them!). They really are easy to work with once you get past the I can't draw barrier and just let yourself go. Once I drew the first one, I just copied the others .... (now - is that the mother of three in me, my sense of fair play or am I just that anal? - who cares anyway?). I'll post another photo once I put the finishing touches on and before they zip out in the mail today.

Labels:



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°