Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, January 06, 2007
8:58 PM


Sometimes it's painful to be beautiful!




I've been studying my cat for a few days, trying to figure out what was different. It took awhile, but I finally figured it out - whiskers .. or lack thereof! My poor kitty is missing half her whiskers! One side of her face is completely trimmed - the other has a lovely set of white whiskers that contrast with her pretty grey face. After a process of elimination (about 2 seconds on that one) I questioned Miz Thang. It seems that she soaked up more than some chemicals in the ozone when she went with me on my last hair appt. The gross thing about turning 40 is the changes that go on as you age. Not only did I get my hair trimmed but I had a little facial waxing to go along with it. Miz Thang wanted to know what was happening, would it hurt, all the usual questions a 7 yr old might ask. My hairdresser told her that Ladies don't want hair or whiskers on their face (now you know where I'm going) and that sometimes it took a little pain to be beautiful. So ... when I asked Miz Thang what she was thinking it was given back to me almost verbatim ... but Mommy, Georgia is a girl and she doesn't want whiskers on her face! Poor Georgia, sometimes I swear she looks at me and begs to be taken back to the shelter just to take her chances! Of course the whiskers should grow back - in 2-3 months so I hear ... wish I could be that lucky!

Labels:



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°