Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, January 13, 2007
10:28 AM


Friday Night Futbol



A new season has begun .... we had a short break from the football action and now we've moved on to the European version. Soccer season kicked off last night with both the thrill of victory and agony of defeat. Although for the 5-7 year old team - I'm not sure they even know they lost. They are so much fun to watch at this age ... kind of like lemmings, they all swarm and follow the ball with no real destination in mind. My DD spent more time making mudpies in the goalie box (although she did make a couple of stops - you go girl!) and playing with the puppies people brought to the stands then she did chasing the ball. She had just as much fun as the boys with their highly competitive play. I am so proud of my boys ...
DS1 hasn't played organized soccer since he was 5 (finally got over a bad coach experience and tried again). He scored one of the teams goals and was all over the offense. This shot wasn't the goal ringer but shows him taking one of many shots at it. He's been rather lackadaisical in practice so I never expected him to take the field like his pants were on fire.



My DS2 is technically not eligible for the age-group. They grandfathered him in due to his ability and previous experience with the team. Yeppers my 9 year old is playing with kids upward to 14 and holding his own. You can tell the size difference in this shot, although he smoked the ball right past. He played goalie for awhile last night (can we say shut-out?) and then played some defense with a little offense thrown in. What a moment, proud mama watching her boys line up together, ready to kick some soccer bootie .... united for one whole hour. I'm loving that the camraderie of the field is carrying over into our home life. These are a few of the shots from last night. Not the best quality in the dark .. guess I'll have to start checking out the super flashes. Best part about playing on Friday night - no practice on the weekend. Although by Sunday afternoon I may be regretting the lack of organized physical exertion.

Labels:



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°