Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Monday, December 04, 2006
3:08 PM


Howl at the moon


I don't know if it was due to the overcast dreary skies all day or the cold front that is working it's way here tonight, but the sky was really interesting last night. It started off foggy and dark with clouds constantly blowing across the sky. I am still experimenting with settings on the camera, but these are two of my favorites. They don't show the intensity when minimized so click on them for the bigger view. I was listening to the night sounds, taking these photos when my backyard buddy scared me to death. An unholy scream, followed by a screech then really loud hooting ... my owl is back and I'm not sure if he was taking care of dinner or what, the screaming stopped and he took off flying low across the backwoods .. you could just make out the silhouette as he flew through the trees. If I hadn't seen him, I would have thought someone was playing a very effective trick on me. I haven't been able to spot him in the trees during the day, but will keep looking. The wingspan looked to be well over three feet and the noises made him sound gigantic! It was a night sky worthy of any Harry Potter flick.

Labels:



Your thoughts?

2 comments

2 Comments:

I LOVE THESE SHOTS!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!

By Blogger Sharon, at Saturday, December 09, 2006  

to see the world and sights from your eyes has got to the prefect view of everything. thanks ....



C

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°