Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Tuesday, December 12, 2006
9:56 PM


Great Global Christmas Swap


This is a project that I have had a lot of fun with. I found FionaMarie's site (www.fionamarie.com) surfing in an insomniac moment. I thought the Great Global Christmas Swap that she organizes sounded like a lot of fun. I signed up, received a swap partner to get to know and arrange an exchange with. I have really enjoyed getting to know my swap buddy (S) although we both are really busy with our kids, lives and limited time to create. It's amazing how we were matched up with the minimal information you provide when signing up for the swap. We are exactly 12 hours apart, so Santa is going to visit S. well before he makes it to me! I had a hard time coming up with an idea until I saw these little ornaments and knew I wanted to use something with snowmen and candy canes. Then I came across a fun pattern in McCalls January '07 Quick Quilts Happy Holidays issue. I modified the pattern designed by Linda Sullivan (www.linderellas.com) with my own applique ideas and embellishments but her pieced background was perfect down to the ideas for the outer candy border. The following photos are my inspiration, close-up of the applique and the final quilt. So, S. I hope this makes it to you by Christmas and that you enjoy it as much as I did making it for you!





Labels:



Your thoughts?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°