Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Thursday, December 21, 2006
12:20 PM


Be careful what you ask for!



Okay, so on the 19th I have to say "Lord knows what tomorrow will bring?" - WHY do I continue to jinx myself this way? Whenever a kid that never complains of pain does just that .. it's time for a trip to the Doc. I spent all day yesterday at the ped's office, the radiologist's mega office (based on the architecture, zapping people is good for the pocketbook), the ortho, back to the ped's .... all to be told to break my child's heart. In other words tell a very active child that he won't be going skiing for Christmas after all. The final diagnosis ... a fractured sternum ... oh joy for the Holidays! Just what I always wanted - - - an extremely physical kid headed for the slopes now housebound, disappointed and trying to find ways to get around Mom's tyranny! Actually all things considered, he's been a trooper but it's day 2 of the diagnosis and I've already caught him with sport's equipment twice. Somehow at this age, a punctured lung doesn't mean a thing. But it sure is hard being mean to a face like this!

Labels:



Your thoughts?

2 comments

2 Comments:

That is one GREAT picture!!!! I hope he obeys Mom and takes it easy while he heals.

By Blogger Sharon, at Friday, December 22, 2006  

Enjoyed the blog and reading all comments and photos. I finally sat still long enough to search and read. Love you Memaw

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, December 31, 2006  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°