Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Wednesday, November 29, 2006
7:24 AM


Snippets Tree


I have posted way more pictures than projects lately ... guess that's where my limited creative time has fallen. Could be worse things than noticing the beauty around you I guess! Anyway, it's that time of year and I opened the gate for the Christmas decorations to come pouring out ... I am a Christmas nut. The whole house will be decked out before long and I'll be sad when it all comes down (wonder if it's the thought of another 5 million trips back into the attic that does it?) ...... It's always fun to me to start going through the boxes and remembering times past. This project is one that I had so much fun with and I am still impressed with the result. I started it in a snippet's class taught by a friend of mine. After class, it went into a UFO pile for awhile and then it came along on a quilter's retreat with Mom and her guild several years ago. There I became inspired to finish it. It's a snippet's project, with some fussy cut/broderie purse? borders, appliqued and embellished with charms and paint. I used some of the border for the tree skirt and then finished it all off with some fruit picks for the hanger .. amazing how you can dress up a dowel! This is one of my favorite pieces, I hope you enjoy and it inspires you to create as well.






Labels:



Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

Mama and I both agree that there may not be two more creative people on the planet than you and Aunt C.!!Love, KBS

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°