Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Sunday, June 18, 2006
8:07 PM


Sewing room almost done





Well, I finally decided to get off my bfa and do something about my craft/hobby/computer room. It's been a work in progress for so long that it became the house dumping ground. It looked more like an explosion at the flea market than a space anyone would want to spend time in. I spent most of the last two days organizing, rediscovering and cleaning it up. I finished laying the vinyl floor, put together a new desk, threw away more clutter than would conceivably fit in the room in the first place and in general just found my creative self again. I have more UFO's (unfinished objects to my nonquilter friends) but they are all nice and neat in labeled boxes so I know which ones to tackle next. I finished a quilt that was almost done somewhere between midnight and three this morning. Conveniently enough, it's a project I started almost three years ago for the fourth of July. Now it's been completed, washed and is hanging on the wall. I forgot how cool it was. I quilted the pledge of allegiance around the inner blue border .. some of the outer patchwork has Americana, the pledge of allegiance and stars in it. It's quite patriotic if I do say so myself.


Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

Doesn't it feel great to throw things out? I love to toss! I really believe that it makes you more creative when you have a clean, uncluttered environment. Love the flag quilt. Very cool.

By Blogger Ann Frischkorn and Amy Sandrin, at Wednesday, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°