Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Wednesday, June 28, 2006
7:39 PM


Left one out



I haven't posted a picture of Kacee-dale .. my 92 pound aire-head / airedale. He is a great big luv with about 10 brain cells that fire at a time. He's actually quite bright but very gullible and not the most coordinated of fellows. His latest acquired talent is the belly crawl ... quite a sight for a dog his size to lay on his stomach with head down low to the ground and sneak up on anything in a full belly crawl. How my DS#1 taught him this is beyond me! His most annoying and humorous habit is the fact that he doesn't bark - which to some would be a wonderful trait - EXCEPT that he prefers to communicate by howling. Not just a little howl, but a belt-it-out from the gut, heart wrenching, nerve wracking - literally can hear it at the end of the block howl. The first time my neighbor heard it, she can flying over to his rescue thinking he must have gotten caught in a trap or hit by a car! It sounds like the Hounds of Baskerville whenever he has a need not being met. Baying at the door to get in, howling for his supper, or just laying down having a bad dream. If I didn't have to worry about the neighbors calling the humane society, it would be quite funny. As it is, only a few special people appreciate his singing (Yes, Charley I am referring to you!) and love him for the great big dufus he is! I've always had an airedale since I was three they've been the family pet. They are some of the most amazing, loving creatures on the planet. I became involved with the Airedale Quilting bee that creates one quilt and some small bonus quilts that are raffled off each year. The money all goes to support airedale rescue. The current 2006 quilt is currently off for quilting, but I'll provide a link for anyone interested in taking a peak. I wasn't able to contribute to this year's quilt but am already in the line up for next year's project. (It's a secret until next year, but it's going to be great). I am posting the website to last year's bonus quilt that I had two block's in. It'll give you an idea of what we do.

http://www.airedaleterriers.org/howlidays/postcard_from_the_edge/postcards_from_the_edge.htm


Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

experimenting with the comment format. since i changed the blog I can't get them to shop up as an option except for the edit screen?

By Blogger Ginabee, at Thursday, June 29, 2006  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°