Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Saturday, June 24, 2006
8:31 PM


Free-style fishing




These photos are of a class that I took from my l.q.s. when I first started quilting. It was one of the first classes that I ever took with my mom and we ended up sharing fabric, laughs, ideas and great quality time together. Nothing more inspiring to creativity than sharing something you love with someone you love! The class was based on Susan Carlson's book Free Style Quilting A "No Rules Approach" and the instructor was excellent. He really thought outside the box and was great for fabric selection tips. This is the first attempt at fussy cutting and not going with my traditional border. I bet you'd never pick out the floral fabrics used in it. The eye is actually the center of a funky daisy fabric and the fins are large petals or leaves on really non-traditional florals. It was a whole new way to look at fabric. I really like the way it came out. I am going to have to try this again with some of my TN Aquarium photos for inspiration.


Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

Gina....So glad I went into your "Blog" your work is FANTASTIC and you really have captured Florida "natural" art....
Your children are adorable..but the boys must hate that word..so they are handsome....I needed a break from trying to conquer my computerized embroidery machine.
Again your work is just a joy to look at and the photograpy (my grandaughter) is majoring in photog. in college --wants to be a Prof. of Photog....Hugs--FGM..Shirlie T.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, June 24, 2006  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°