Gina's Whimsical World




and when she speaks






Thursday, February 23, 2006
10:41 PM


My broken lonestar




This was probably one of the most ambitious undertakings I've jumped into. I took a class on how to make a nine-patch diamond and this is what it turned into. What was I thinking? No pattern .. just a set of templates and more enthusiasm than sense. All batiks, all on the bias - good thing I really didn't know what I was doing. It's a miracle that the center came together at all. My oldest son helped me arrange the colors. He has a great eye for color. One of the great things about not following the rules is that you aren't governed by someone telling you that it'll never work out. I certainly learned to piece, y-seam and "reverse" sew in the creation of this quilt top. I pulled it out to take photos and maybe I'll actually get motivated to "get 'er dun". I love the bright colors and find the same ones popping up in my projects. I just made nine patches until I figured out what to do and then went from there. The corners were just another element that I had to have, no telling why .. just did. The borders really are straight .... it's just too big to hang easily and it certainly doesn't help that I pulled it out of a cabinet. Hard to believe I shove it in a cabinet rather than finish it up!

Labels:



Your thoughts?

1 comments

1 Comments:

I agree with Cheryl...finish this it is absolutely awesome!! I just had to sit and look at it for awhile and admire your wonderful work.

By Blogger Bubbybird, at Saturday, February 25, 2006  

Post a Comment








tous de moi Y

I'm the mother of three of the wackiest, wildest most wonderful little people in the world. I spend the majority of my time either with my kids and their antics, working or trying to create something - usually havoc!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

My Cre8tve Chaos Y

I moved my creative stuff over here


Leave me some love Y



Words to live by Y

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about dancing in the rain.
Tiffany Wilson
*****
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
*****


Bloggers and links I readY

***Riviera-Ramblings
***Fairie Goddess Mothers
***Whispers In The Woods
***Bits N Pieces
***FGM Competition Blog
***JunkDrawerMind
***Linda's World
***Apalach Fire Dept.
***Watersedge Photography
***Beyond the city limits
***Where the women bloggers are - blogher.org
***Digital Figments
***
Walking with Walker Lady
***
Terri's Tales
***
Vix's Creative Interlude
***
Linda Poole aka Listmom
***wannabe-art
***art-quiltz
***My World, by CJ

******************************** PhotoHunt ********************************

My CausesY

***Airedale Rescue
***Cirque du Sol'Aire


My Virtual PetsY


adopt your own virtual pet!




Currently in my world it is ....Y

The WeatherPixie



Stuff you might have missedY





Quotes and other TriviaY











Visitors Y

Locations of visitors to this page

Thanks for stopping byY




Tunes Y




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Initial LayoutY

Done by: deceptionpoint-


°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°